Congratulations Kathy at Bake Away With Me - you are the winner of the Great Food! Cookbook!
Warning – A Watermelon Martini may be habit forming. Do try this at home. Always drink responsibly and do not drink and drive or dive.
Juicy, sweet watermelon – it’s not just for picnics anymore. Add a little vodka, lime juice and simple syrup to create a mid-summer afternoon cocktail suitable for consumption poolside or at your next backyard BBQ. It’s an indispensable summer indulgence.
This simple recipe is from the GREAT FOOD! cookbook published by Chefs Press(more about this book below). I tried it as a martini, shaken and not stirred, and as a frozen concoction. Both were refreshing and a good way to “tickle the tongue and cool the belly”. If you have kids or non-alcoholic drinkers, make a separate batch and substitute club soda for the vodka.
Chef’s Press has graciously donated three copies of the GREAT FOOD! cookbook for distribution to readers of my blog over the next few weeks. The book is a special compilation of the Great News! Cookware & Cooking School’s best menus and recipes from the past 20 years. Because it’s organized by season, the GREAT FOOD! cookbook provides a culinary road map for the entire year — offering delicious ways to reap nature’s bounty and to cook with what’s fresh and available. Once you start cooking with the GREAT FOOD! cookbook, you’ll want it in your kitchen all year long! And visit the Great News! Cookware & Cooking School’s website [www.great-news.com] for an exciting culinary experience. They have anything and everything for the home chef and professional chef wannabe. The school is located in sunny San Diego, so consider a culinary-cation to attend classes or merely browse around their store. This is the first of three drawings for the GREAT FOOD! cookbook.
One winner will receive a copy of the GREAT FOOD! cookbook delivered via mail.
HOW TO ENTER
To enter to win, simply leave a comment on this post and answer the question:
“What’s your favorite summer cocktail?”
You will receive up to FIVE additional entries to win by doing one or more of the following:
2. Become a fan of Confessions of a Culinary Diva on Facebook. Come back and let me know you became a fan in an additional comment on this post.
3. Follow Confessions of a Culinary Diva on Pinterest. Come back and let me know you became a fan in an additional comment on this post.
4. Follow @christymajors on Instagram. Come back and let me know you’ve followed in an additional comment on this post.
5. Follow @ChristysPalate on Twitter. Come back and let me know you’ve followed in an additional comment on this post.
No more than a total of six entries per follower.
Deadline: Friday, August 23, 2013 at 11:59pm PDT.
Winner: One (1) winner will be chosen at random and announced at the top of this post. The winner will also be notified via email. If a winner does not respond within forty-eight (48) hours after the notification email is sent to him or her, another winner will be selected in his or her place.
1. This giveaway is sponsored by Chef’s Press.
2. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO BE A WINNER.
3. This giveaway is void where prohibited by law.
- 8 lime twists
- Ice cubes
- 4 cups watermelon juice (press watermelon through a sieve or cheesecloth)
- 12 ounces premium vodka
- 4 limes, juiced
- 1 cup agave syrup or simple syrup, or to taste
- 8 watermelon wedges, for garnish
- Rub the rims of 8 martini glasses with the lime twists, drop one into each of the glasses, and refrigerate to chill.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the ice, watermelon juice, vodka, lime juice, and agave syrup; shake well.
- Pour the contents through a strainer into the chilled martini glasses. Garnish each with a wedge of watermelon and serve.