Living in a resort town has challenges. Sure, there are spas, golf, tennis, shopping and over 355 days of sunshine, but you miss certain things like seasons. Our seasons in Palm Springs consist of warm and hot aka spring/summer. This month the Blogger Clue Society is featuring Autumn dishes which created a bit of a challenge when it is mid-October and your temperatures are still in the 100’s. Trust me, no one feels like pumpkin anything when you are still wearing flip-flops, tank tops and swimming in the pool to cool off.
I was assigned this month to Azmina of the lovely blog Lawyer Loves Lunch this month. Azmina is one busy professional with a full-time career as Lawyer, two little ones at home, a food blog and lives in the vibrant city of San Francisco. I’m exhausted just thinking about her daily activities. Her site is filled with family friendly and company worthy recipes for the busy family. She had several tempting recipes including one for Pumpkin Spice Cake/Bread, that I almost indulged in until Sous Chef said I could not turn the A/C down to 50 to enjoy some fall temperatures in our home. There was a lovely recipe for roasted tomatoes, but I was afraid that only fit the theme of fall in the desert (our gardening season is just starting). Then I found a recipe for Banana Peanut Butter Cup Muffins that seemed ideal.
These tasty little muffins are quite healthy with three bananas and peanut butter. They make the perfect breakfast bite on the go, mid-day pick me up for the busy person, and are quite delightful to bake and share.
Make sure to check out the rest of the great Autumn inspired recipes from the Blogger Clue Society:
- Apple Coffee Cake by Jean from Lemons and Anchovies
- Applesauce Cranberry Bundt Cake by Aly from Cooking in Stilettos
- Baked Squash Stuffed with Homemade Applesauce by Kathy from A Spoonful of Thyme
- Braised Chicken Leg Quarters by Wendy from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Brussels Sprouts with Harissa, Honey and Lime by Stacy from Food Lust People Love
- Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins by Lora from Cake Duchess
- Creamy Butternut Squash Soup by Azmina from Lawyer Loves Lunch
- Fire-Roasted Tomato Soup by Christiane from Taking on Magazines
- Frangelico Squares by Kate from Kate’s Kitchen
- Garlic Home Fries by Kim from Liv Life
- German Apple Pancake by Liz from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Honey Sriracha Sweet Potatoes by Lauren from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Hot Curried Chicken Salad by Debra from Eliot’s Eats
- Pumpkin Bran Muffins by Anna from annaDishes
- Pumpkin Bread with Pumpkin Ale by Lea Ann from Cooking on the Ranch
- Pumpkin Palmiers by Lisa from Authentic Suburban Gourmet
- Raspberry Cointreau Syllabub by Kate from Kate’s Kitchen
- Witchy Finger Cookies by Sue from A Palatable Pastime
- Anna from annaDishes
- 3 ripe bananas
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup peanut butter chips
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare muffin tin with tin liners or spray with Pam for Baking.
- Smash bananas in a bowl. Add flour, sugar, baking soda and mix until combined. Add melted butter and mix until combined, then add egg and vanilla and mix until combined. Add peanut butter chips and walnuts and mix until combined.
- Spoon heaping mixture into mini-muffin tin and back approximately 18 minutes.