Sparkling brings to mind champagne and diamonds. Sparkling can also describe one’s personality, this month’s Blogger C.L.U.E. Society theme and the blog I was assigned Liv Life. Liv Life is a gorgeous blog filled with beautiful photography, tales of life in SoCal (aka Southern California) and a family’s adventures. It is a wonderful blog to have discovered, and gives a sense of place and time to the readers.
Being a SoCal resident, I really appreciated the approach that Liv Life takes with food, fresh ingredients, light meals and occasionally suffering from TMS (too much sunshine and not enough winter). There was an endless array of recipes that fit the SoCal lifestyle and are great for extreme heat.
One of the recipes I loved was Liv Life’s California Quinoa Winter Salad. It epitomizes everything sparkly and winter in SoCal. I hope you get a chance to try it.
Another sparkling recipe I found on Liv Life’s site was a simple and easy Pomegranate Champagne. It is a no-brainer and sure to liven up any occasion!
The Rest of the Sparkly Blogger CLUE Lineup:
- Sparkly Shortbread Cookies from Lisa of Authentic Suburban Gourmet
- Cherry and Cream Pavlova from Ramona of Curry and Comfort
- Christy from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Rosemary Peach Sparkling Cocktail from Alice of A Mama, Baby and Shar-pei in the Kitchen
- Azmina of Lawyer Loves Lunch
- Maple, Caramel, Golden Sugar Blondies from Kelli of Kelli’s Kitchen
- Strawberry Champagne Cocktail from Stacy of Food Lust People Love
- Milky Way Martini from Aly of Cooking in Stilettos
- Cornish Game Hens with Whisky Herb Citrus Glaze Lea Ann of Cooking on the Ranch
- Peach Buckle from Anna of Anna Dishes
- Potato Salad with Champagne Vinaigrette from Wendy of A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Lemon-Ginger Crinkle Cookies from Jean of Lemons and Anchovies
- Soft Pretzel Sticks with Spicy Mustard Sauce from Heather of girlichef
- Salted Toffee Chocolate Chunk Cookies from Liz of That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mini Cinnamon Rolls from Kate of Kate’s Kitchen
- Brown Butter, Brown Sugar Banana Bread from Christiane of Taking on Magazines
- Cardamom White Chocolate Panna Cotta from Debra of Eliot’s Eats