The Blogger Clue Society is having a St. Patrick’s Day Celebration this week. I’m the virtual bartender and have the perfect cocktail concoction to celebrate the festivities. It even has a hint of green to keep you from being pinched!
This inspiration comes from Kate’s Kitchen. Kate is a former recovering commercial banker so she can relate to my day to day adventures in commercial banking. Much like me, Kate started Kate’s Kitchen as a way to share kitchen adventures with friends and as a creative outlet. (Trust me, working with numbers all day can be mind-numbing and you need something to keep the creative juices running.) She also loves a good cocktail and has several great recipes on her site. The Basil Gimlet jumped out at me. I had just picked up a new Gin to try from Wally’s Wine in Beverly Hills and thought this would be the perfect excuse to give it a test drive.
If you are unfamiliar with a Gimlet, it is a refreshing cocktail best enjoyed ice cold and on a hot spring or summer day. You can make it with Vodka or Gin. I’m a Gin Gimlet Girl so I adapted Kate’s recipe slightly by using Barr Hill Gin and added a little lime zest and juice. The end result is a Basil Lime Gin Gimlet. Gorgeous and refreshing, this cocktail will cool you down when the temperatures start heating up.
Looking for some St. Patrick’s Day inspiration? Check out what the rest of the Blogger Clue Society made this month:
- Bacon Wrapped Potatoes w/ Sriracha Sauce by Debra from Eliot’s Eats
- Bacon-wrapped Smashed Redskin Puffs by Stacy from Food Lust People Love
- Balsamic Roasted Fingerling Potatoes by Wendy from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Basil Lime Gin Gimlet by Christy from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Cheddar Scallion Potato Buns by Lora from Cake Duchess
- Chicken Pot Pie by Heather from girlichef
- Chipotle Sweet Potato Soup by Kim from Liv Life
- Chocolate, Coconut, Butterscotch and Oatmeal Cake Cookies by Lisa from Authentic Suburban Gourmet
- Daisy’s Noisette Potatoes by Janet from Cupcakes to Caviar
- Honey Dijon Roasted Potato Salad by Ramona from Curry and Comfort
- Irish Brown Bread by Kathy from Bakeaway with Me
- Irish Old Fashioned Cocktail by Christy from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Okie Peasant Potato Soup by Christiane from Taking on Magazines
- Potato and Celery Root Puree by Lea Ann from Cooking on the Ranch
- Potato and White Bean Soup with Sage by Kathy from A Spoonful of Thyme
- Potato Rolls by Kelli from Kelli’s Kitchen
- Potatoes O’Brien by Azmina from Lawyer Loves Lunch
- Slow Cooker Beef and Guinness Pie by Anna from annaDishes
- Smoked Salmon Chowder by Jean from Lemons and Anchovies
- Tchertma (Zucchini and Eggs) by Kate from Kate’s Kitchen
- Thin Crispy French Fries by Liz from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- 2 ounces Barr Hill Gin
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- zest of one lime
- juice of one lime (approximately ½ ounce)
- 4 torn basil leaves
- lime slice for garnish
- Place all ingredients in cocktail shaker and shake vigorously. Pour into chilled martini glass or couple glass. Garnish with slice of lime.